Monday, February 2, 2009

A watched pot never boils


Yes, it's a rather simple recipe: add salt to water, and boil. What's awesome are the 800+ utterly sarcastic comments reviewing the recipe, such as the following:
This recipe didn't work for me. I added the salt, but the water never came to a boil, even after I doubled the salt. Maybe it would work better if you added a heat source? I've put a pot of water on a stove burner before and that seemed to work a little better.
and
No way would I go to all this trouble again. I am buying mine premixed.
and, a personal favorite:
Loved it! I was, however, out of water so I used gin. Couldn't find the salt (I know it was here yesterday) so I used a couple olives. I made it for lunch but for dinner I would double the recipe.

Salted Water for Boiling reviews

1 comment:

Meredith said...

My favorite comment on the site:

Try replacing the salt w/ a sodium bicarbonate and cocaine hydrochloride. Be sure to boil off all the water. You should hear a cracking sound when you're done. Very popular! Couldn't sell enough of it. I like to call this version "Rock Salted Water for Cooking Up." Good for keeping your ho's in line too.